Monday, February 2, 2009

Cute Card Thursday & Penny Black Saturday Challenge

Here are couple challenge cards for this week. First challenge is from Cute Card Thursday where the theme was Valentine. For some reason I ended up with quite sweet card, not very usual for me...

The text again says something like "smile and happiness", isn't that what friends usually are for? Under the text I attached punched hearts with some ink on them. I think I will be using them again that way. I usually have a problem with these pearly cards since the stamp pictures don't usually seem to go that well with them but this time I coloured the background of the picture with shimmering chalks and now it fits there just nicely!

Penny Black Saturday's challenge was to make a round card and since I just bought couple of these cards couple weeks ago I just had to give it a try. I tried to think an idea to use in a round card which you cant' use in a square one and this is what I came up with:

The text "congratulations" is shaped slightely to fit on the edges of the card, I made the text using separate letters so it was possible. Between the texts I added some punched flowers, embossed slightely and added some glitter on them. Again I used the same ink for the edges of the picture and background paper as I used for the text.

Thank you for the challenges!

6 comments:

Deb said...

fabulous card, the image is so adorable!
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge!

tracie said...

Fab card for out challenge Elina, love this cute kitty and pretty boarder - gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us this week
hugs
Tracie :)x

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card Elina...love the kitty image and your congratulations border.....thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
Hugs Kath xxx

Ellibelle said...

both cards are just adorable!!Love your coloring!

Beth said...

Gorgeous card, this stamp is so cute! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

jasu said...

Pyöreä kortti on aivan ihana. Täytyykin itse kokeilla myös pyöreän tekemistä :)